Floating Glass Toilet Tank Treasures

Vintage glass toilet tank float.

Here's an interesting article about antique glass balls that were made for toilet tanks, or other industrial use where float-valves (aka ballcocks) were used.

Could There Be a Treasure in Your Toilet?  by Ben Marks, on CollectorsWeekly.com.

Learn more about the history of the toilet and float-valves.
_______________________________________________
Findlay Antique Bottle Club
Website - Facebook - Twitter
Sign up for our free newsletter!


1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm in Australia and have what I now know to be a glass toilet float (ballcock). It is an Eisler's Patient and is clear glass measuring 6 inches high by 4.5 inches in width and in pretty good condition with no chips. It has Eisler's Patent embossed on it. Until recently when I stumbled over an article on glass toilet floats I believed it to be some kind of bottle. Do you have any information on this item I would love to know more if you can help me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment - we love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails