Muncie Fruit Jar Club to Meet at L.L. Ball House this Sunday 11/3/13 ~ Antique Bottles and Jars

The L.L. Ball House, today.

Dick Cole, president of the Muncie Indiana fruit jar club, writes to tell us the club is having this Sunday's meeting (11/03/13 @ 1:30pm) at a very special location: The Lucius Lorenzo Ball House on the grounds of the Minnetrista Center . The club is meeting there by special arrangement as the home is not open to the general public. So this is the club meeting you should not miss.


The building is one of the five founding Ball brother's original Muncie homes. The brothers moved from New York to Indiana in the 1880s to relocate their glass manufacturing business. William H., Frank C., Edmund B., George A., and Lucius L. Ball, founded what is now Ball Corporation, prospered in business, married into Indiana families, and began engaging in a variety of community activities.

Read Dick Cole's History of the L.L. Ball House here.

Find the Midwest Antique Fruit Jar & Bottle Club @ http://fruitjar.org/


Minnetrista: A Ball Family Legacy
In 1887, the Ball family moved its glass manufacturing business from Buffalo, New York to Muncie. Ball Brothers Glass Company became one of America's best known manufacturers of canning jars.

The Ball family purchased most of the land along the north bank of White River between Wheeling and Granville pikes in 1893. The name chosen by the family for the property was taken from a Sioux word, "mna" (pronounced mini) which means "water," and combined with the English word, "tryst," to form "Minnetrista," or, "a gathering place by the water."

L.L. Ball house was remodeled in 1910.

_______________________________________________
Findlay Antique Bottle Club
Website - Facebook - Twitter
Sign up for our free newsletter!


Related Posts with Thumbnails