Wabash Valley Antique Bottle & Pottery Club founder and friend Ed Newman passed away early this morning, Jan. 28, 2013.Visitation will be 11am to 1pm Wednesday 01-30-2013 with service at 1:00. Greiner Funeral Home, 2005 North 13th St., Terre Haute.
Obituary for Edward Newman
Edward was born April 15, 1946 to John Newman and Classo Allen Newman.
Edward was employed by Midland Glass for 17 years. He retired from Treadagar after 25 years of services. He was past Master of Humbolt Lodge 42. He was also a 16 year member of the Wabash Valley Pottery and Bottle Club, serving as both president and secretary.
Edward is survived by his wife of 47 years, Nancy McCluskey Newman. They were married May 1, 1965. He is also survived by three daughters, Yvonne Reed and her husband, Danny, Jannie Sebring and her husband Mike, all of Terre Haute, and Carmen Smith and her husband, Kevin, of Brazil; one son, Edward Newman, Jr. and his wife, Kathy , of Terre Haute; two brothers, John Newman and his wife, Mary, of Terre Haute, and James Newman and his wife, Jeanne, of Michigan; one sister, Judith Newman-Brown of Marshall, and a very special friend, Larry Grindle. Edward is also survived by 7 grandsons, 4 granddaughters, 1 great grandson and 1 great granddaughter, Stephanie Julbert (Jermey), Danny Lee Reed, Sara Rae Sebring, Dacoda Watson, Kevin Smith, Jr., Kody Smith, Cloey Smith, Edward Newman III, Ethan Newman, Cassie Smith, Kaleb Newman, Dylan Julbert, and Abigail Julbert; and many nieces , nephews and cousins.
- Services will be Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. at Greiner Funeral Home, 2005 North 13th Street, Terre Haute, Indiana 47804, with visitation from 11:00 a.m. until service time.
- Humbolt Lodge 42 will be conducting Masonic services at 12:30 p.m. Rev. Ron Glasscock will be officiating; burial will be in Roselawn Memorial Park.
- Mrs. Newman and family would like to thank 2E Union Hospital, Vista Care, and Lincare for the excellent care provided.
- Friends and family are invited to attend a Celebration of Life after the service at Kerman Grotto, 400 West US Hwy 40, West Terre Haute, Indiana.
- Online condolences may be made at http://www.greinerfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1478690/Newman--Edward-/obituary.php
[My heart goes out to Ed's wife and family at this difficult time. I only knew Ed by email, but I would be proud to call him a friend. He was very supportive of our Findlay Bottle Club, and the bottle collecting hobby will miss him greatly. On behalf of the Findlay Bottle Club, our deepest condolences. Rest In Peace, "Bottle Ed".]
Findlay Antique Bottle Club
Website - Facebook - Twitter
Sign up for our free newsletter!