THE MORESCOT CLOTHING CO, FINDLAY, OHIO token / rev GOOD FOR ONE DOLLAR
All I found out about the Morescot Clothing store: they were listed in a men's hat ad in 1909; a few other ad mentions circa 1913; and they sold out to Rollands in 1921. [On ebay; no sale]
From the Hancock County, Ohio Genealogy and History site:
W. H. HAVEN, druggist, Findlay, was born in Columbiana County, Ohio, November 12, 1841; In 1850 became apprenticed to merchandising here in the store of Hugh Newell. He afterward took up the drug trade, and in 1859 embarked in it on his own account at Ottawa, Ohio. In 1861 he sold his interest there, enlisting his services in the army, and was with the Ninety-ninth Ohio Volunteer Infantry, in the commissary department, till 1864, when he joined the Mississippi and West Gulf Squadron, with which he remained till the close of the war, retiring at that time from the charge of the United States steamer ''Peri.'' After the war he traveled in the interest of the drug trade and read medicine. He subsequently practiced his profession, but, in 1868, engaged in manufacturing, which he followed for several years. In 1876 he purchased his present business which he has raised to a leading prominence here. He is a member of the Ohio State Pharmaceutical Association, and was one of the original committee who drafted the bill for the new pharmaceutical law of Ohio. He is also a member of the Traders' and Travelers' Association of New York City. He has worked his way up in business, and, through his own indefatigable exertions has accumulated a nice competency. (Source: History of Hancock Co, Chicago: Warner Beers & Co., 1886)
[Note: As far as any featured eBay items are concerned, neither myself nor the club are recommending the item, the venue or the seller. These are simply for show-and-tell. Enjoy!]
Check out all the other Featuring Findlay posts. The link list is in the right-hand column, just scroll down.
Findlay Antique Bottle Club
Website - Facebook - Twitter
Sign up for our free newsletter!