Breaking News About New Repro Jars
Larry Munson wrote to alert us of some new reproduction jars he picked up recently. He says he tries to buy an example of every repro jar he comes across for documentation and education purposes. His collection numbers about 80 jars now, many of which he says must have been made in small batches as he never saw them for sale or heard of them again.
This new batch contains some that Larry says:
"...are very well done... the Baker & the Millville are the best done. With these surfacing it will be a whole new ballgame in what is coming. That is why I think we all need to let as many people know as possible. When some of these start surfacing as shows & flea mkt's people are going to get burned, when they think they found a rare jar in a different color."
The seller said that he had the molds made from his own examples of these scarce jars. Let's hope that this is another case of a small batch, and these babies don't flood the market.
The 8 new jars to watch for are:
- YEOMAN'S FRUIT JAR -- in quart & half gallon (quart not pictured)
- JOSHUA WRIGHT -- half gallon
- WHITALL'S PATENT MILLVILLE ATMOSPHERIC -- square shoulder quart
- POTTER & BODINE -- wax seal quart
- BAKER PATENT FRUIT JAR -- quart
- GRIFFINS PATENT 1862 -- quart -- in Amber & Cobalt. (Amber not pixtured.)
- SPRATS IMPROVED PATENT -- Tin can in quart & half gallon (quart not pictured.)
Here are 3 shots of Larry Munson's repro jars display. He has close to 100, and estimates that there are about 15 more listed in the Redbook that he doesn't have yet. (Click the pix to enlarge.)
Findlay Antique Bottle Club
Website - Facebook - Twitter
Sign up for our free newsletter!