What's Been Going On?



Letter From the Editor for August 2011

I hope everyone is having a great summer, whether it's spending time vacationing or stay-cationing. I have lots of news and info tidbits to catch up on, as I haven't been able to focus on blogging since I got back from the Muncie Fruit Jar Round Up.

When I came home, and caught up on my sleep, I woke to find out my Mom was not well. I nursed her for a few days, but it was apparent this was serious, so we took her to the ER, where she was immediately diagnosed as being a few pints low, due to internal bleeding from being on coumadin for far too long. She spent 8 days in the ICU getting blood transfusions and recovering from the trauma her body and heart went through (Mom'll be 80 in October). As of today it's been a 5-week ordeal, but she is back to her old self finally, up and walking 1/2 mile each day, and taking care of herself. 

_______________


Jerry McCann and I have so many people to thank for contributing, participating, attending, and supporting the Muncie show. And I will get those thank-yous published here soon, along with a whole bunch of photos.

I think I should get caught up on some of the other bottle collecting hobby news that's piled up in my InBox first. So I'll get started now.

Happy Collecting! --Marianne

___________________

First up: The next bottle show: 


Check the show calendars on these sites for other bottle shows around the country:
________________


A couple of sad notes: The fruit jar hobby lost two of its own recently. The Findlay Bottle Club sends our condolences to their family and friends.



  • Alice Creswick, the originator of the REDBOOK, passed away on July 7, 2011, as announced at the Summer Muncie Show. (obit link).

  • Charles Williams, long-time collector and member of the MAFJB-Club, passed on August 1, 2011. (obit link).


_____________


The next post will be the Facebook page info bits round up. If you're on facebook, head over to our club's page, and "Like" us! -- http://www.facebook.com/finbotclub

I post little bottle-hobby-related nuggets daily, as I come across them. You can post your show'n'tell pix on our page too, and leave comments -- come and join the conversation with your fellow bottle collectors.


_______________________________________________

Findlay Antique Bottle Club -- Website - Facebook - Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment - we love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails