Ohio Milk Bottle Collectors Featured in Country Living Magazine

Love it when the bottle collecting hobby makes the news. But I better set the record straight right now -- it's not that Country Living Magazine - too bad!

The article I am talking about is in this month's edition of the Ohio's Rural Electric Cooperatives Inc. trade magazine with the same title. 

http://www.ohioruralelectric.coop/magazines/country-living/january-2011


The Findlay Bottle Club's good friends Lou and Sue McFadden, and Parker Higby, are mentioned and quoted in the article. They are all long time Ohio milk bottle collectors, and have set up at our club show zillions of times. Parker's collection is about 250, with 200 of them being One-of-a-Kinds - wow! The McFadden collection holds over 3,600 Ohio milk bottles! Wowie-wow!

Lou and Sue McFadden worte the book titled Ohio's Dairies which is fascinating. It lists the dairies, and includes pix of the buildings then and now, and other info. An invaluable resource for collectors. You may purchase one of the few remaining copies from the McFaddens - just email Sue for info.



You can read the entire magazine online here -- if you're interested in Ohio, there are some other fun articles. Check out the pictures of the buildings in Ohio that have murals painted on their walls.





The FinBotClub Blog is published by the Findlay Antique Bottle Club of Ohio

16 comments:

  1. Great article. Just purchased a pint and quart Rogers Rogue River Ranch (an Oregon Dairy). Would love to add to the two I have if anyone has seen any. I want to fill a milk bottle carrier.
    Thanks, mrybyrs@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope our readers can help you.

    If you are on facebook, post your query there, too -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Findlay-Bottle-Club/154172141299448

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a orange painted label,square type,quart milk bottle from havenshire dairy,fremont,ohio,in excellent condition,a round blue painted label milk bottle from fitz bros dairy,sandusky,ohio,parts of the labels are faded but all there and readable,a half pint embossed milk bottle from sanitary dairy,frank l. keep,bowling green,ohio,around the rim its says "a bottle of milk is a bottle of health"
    i have no idea how they ended up in oregon and if anybody is interested in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - if you don't leave contact info, no one can help you. Why don't you go post this info on our club facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/finbotclub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Do you still have the Fitz Bros Dairy bottle? We have a friend whose grandfather or greatgrandfather owned the Dairy. Our friend has a dairy farm in that same area. Please email me at persnicketyanne@gmail.com with more info. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a Pallas Dairy bottle from Elyria Ohio....my name is Jennifer pallas and my grandparents owend this dairy! I now live in Alaska and would love to find one! jen_pallas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been looking for a milk bottle from my family's dairy. Binkley dairy near Cincinnati, but not in Cincinnati. Not sure of the actual town it was in at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, forgot to leave my email. mollyjanern@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im lookng for a pestel milk company bottle. Im desperately trying to find one for my aunt. The company was around in the 60's an owned by some relatives . Please email me at kalebheld@gmail.com if you have one for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking for an Ohio Lindner Sanitary Dairy Bottle for my brother's 50th birthday present. We're no relation, (would love to be) but my family were all dairy farmers in Wisconsin for generations. Please email me at cdecav@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi iam looking for a schippel milk bottle my family had a dairy along time ago and has never been able to find one after manyyy years of searching my grandfather has given up ... with his health not so good It would mean the world to him to have one if anyone has one please please let.me.know.and I will purchase it email me at kurtiskuns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anyone know value of a old milk bottle that says spring hill dairy registered Fred foster Gallipolis Ohio #152 half pint..please email me at ditch_man2000@yahoo.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to locate a milk bottle from Long Branch Dairy, Tremont City, Ohio. My husband is desperately trying to find one. My e-mail address is jwoolf1267@aol.com. Please contact me with any help you can give me. Thank you so much.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anyone have any more Arheit daily bottle Sandusky? My GG Grandfather(August Arheit) was the owner of the dairy and I purchased a bottle a few years back and was loking for 1 or 2 more!!!! Contact me at manager809@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm interested in finding an Ohio Valley Dairy, Martins Ferry, OH pint milk bottle....vaedmundson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment - we love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails